Immensely inviting ideas to choose from this Pancake Chooseday!
24th February 2020 | written by amackenzie
With Shrove Tuesday comes the monstrous task of trying to keep the whole family happy with towers of pancakes. Let us help with this easy pancake recipe and topping ideas for everyone. From sweet and chocolatey to salty and savoury to vegan and gluten-free, there is plenty to choose from this Chooseday. Pancake Tuesday has never been so easy, so relax and enjoy these flippin’ delicious pancake ideas before Lent begins.
Easy pancake recipe
Ingredients 100g plain flour 2 large eggs 300ml milk 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying Lemon wedges, to serve (optional) & caster sugar, to serve (optional)
Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
Serve with lemon wedges and caster sugar, or your favourite filling.
Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
Alternative topping ideas
1. American style crispy bacon and maple syrup
2. Traditional ham and cheese (with a sprinkling of fresh spring onion)
3. Sophisticated smoked salmon and cream cheese (with a drizzle of lemon juice)
4. Vegan tomato & mushroom pancakes (dairy and egg- free) RECIPE HERE >>
1. Luscious Nutella and fruit of your choice (strawberries, banana, blueberries etc) 2. Chocolate chip- if you’re like us and still have a box of chocolates (or five) left over from Christmas, you can chop them up and use as chocolate chips or simply roll them in your pancakes and let them melt.
3. Peanut butter and banana (add a helping of chopped peanuts for extra crunch)
4. Vegan banana pancakes (dairy and egg- free) RECIPE HERE >>
You can use any of the above toppings or make your own creation on gluten-free pancakes! RECIPE HERE >>
comments powered by Disqus.