Sometimes called Solar Heating, most Solar Thermal systems are designed to assist domestic homes with supply of solar hot water all year round and even in the winter, significantly reducing your annual energy bill.
Solar Thermal technology has been used for over 30 years and is one of the most reliable and proven of renewable technologies. Dimplex is an international leader in the provision of solar-thermal solutions for domestic, industrial and commercial properties.
How It Works
Solar Panels collect sunlight that in turn heats up fluid carried in pipes underneath a glass surface.
These tubes or panels carry the heated liquid into your hot water cylinder through an element that then heats up the water in your cylinder.
All solar systems require a solar heating cylinder which has a twin or triple coil for transferring the energy to the water in the cylinder or thermal store. This will replace your old cylinder and work alongside your normal boiler. The solar panels heat the solar cylinder from the bottom up.
Your solar heating system is rarely independent, and can connect to your other heating systems and boilers.
Solar thermal water heating is one of the most cost effective renewable energy systems. In Ireland, Dimplex solar thermal systems can provide up to 70% of your hot water needs. Dimplex offer a wide range of solar hot water products and pre-prepared kits offering great value for money.
Typical Costs and Payback
For Solar heating systems it is difficult to give an exact figure as all houses vary. Often with heating and hotwater systems the efficiency of the house can be a factor itself. Generally you can expect a payback of between 5 and 8 years when you consider inflation due to rising fuel costs, all from a solar heating system that should last 25 years.
Also worth considering is the additional value a solar system can add if your considering selling your house, as it can make it more saleable, and with the Dimplex Solar system can significantly increase your homes energy rating.
One comforting fact is that Solar Thermal technology has been used for over 30 years and is one of the most reliable and proven of them all.
Contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org directly for large-scale solar hot water systems information.
Can Solar Thermal Help With Heating?
It is possible to heat small areas of underfloor heating with solar thermal panels, using a thermal store. The number of panels depends on the surface area you need to heat and your insulation properties of the room concerned.
We would noplex air or ground source heat pump.
What To Do Next:
1. Grants are available for our solar thermal heating systems, so check out the Grants Available page for more details and to see if you can qualify for funding.
2. Contact us directly and talk to one of our specialist project engineers
3. Alternatively visit our Approved Stockists section and quickly find a representative in your area who will provide expert advice about our products and to organise a site survey.
4. Why do I need a site survey and what’s involved? Don’t worry, this is not a selling exercise, it is a technical site visit designed to give you an accurate quote.
Our approved installer will visit your site and:
- Measure your pipework, roof space, hot water cylinder and loft space.
- Check the orientation of your roof and suitability for solar panel installation.
- Explain how the system could work in your home and a guideline cost.
- It can take as little as 30 minutes depending on how many questions you have.
Our range of solar thermal heating solutions include:
- Integrated Roof Tile Kits
- On Roof Kits
- Flat Roof Kits
- Hydraulic Packs and Fittings